Painting the exterior of your home is a project that requires you to do everything by the book. The painting contractor and the type of exterior paint used plays an important role in protecting your home from the elements. This is especially important for Boston exterior painting projects where strong winds, high humidity, and icy cold winter temperatures can quickly put your home at risk. At Optimus Painting and Restoration, not only the beauty, but also the safety of your home is our priority. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting your Greater Boston painting contractor:
- It’s an absolute necessity to thoroughly prepare the exterior surface your home prior to applying a coat of paint. Good prep is the secret to making sure that your exterior painting project will hold up for years to come, and good prep requires a contractor with the right tools, such as:
- Carbide scrapers that keep a razor sharp edge even after scraping an entire house.
- State of the art sanding equipment that effectively contains hazardous dust.
- And, of course, a power washer, to remove any mold or dirt from the exterior surface of your home before painting.
- Furthermore, good exterior prep requires an expert’s knowledge of materials. For example, there are many different types of exterior patching compounds. Some are only appropriate for filling small nail or screw holes, and if they are used to cheaply fill a large hole, say, in a window sill, they will quickly crack and fall out due to the extremes of temperature and moisture in New England. However, there are other patching compounds (epoxies, etc…) that are appropriate for filling larger holes and can stand up to the elements. Knowing when to use one or the other is knowledge that comes by experience. Experience that we pride ourselves in.
- After your home has been throughly prepped, you’ll wan’t it to be painted with a high quality exterior paint. There are many different types available. Optimus painting will help you choose the product that is best suited to your home’s needs, whether it’s an exterior paint, solid or semi-solid acrylic stain, transparent oil, or one of the many other types of coating available to beautify and protect the exterior of your home in every season, no matter the weather.
Although proper surface preparation requires more time, it is an absolutely worthwhile investment that will pay for itself in the long term. Schedule a free estimate Here or give us a call at 617-517-6056.